Jeremiah & Lamentations: They Have No Delight in God's Word
Written by Robert Harkrider.
They Have No Delight in God's Word
Twenty-five lessons covering the books of Jeremiah and Lamentations. Each lesson contains textual material for study, short answer questions, true-false questions, a research question, and a thought question. 6x9.
The times in which Jeremiah lived were both exciting and trying. The nation had become exceedingly corrupt; idolatry and its attendant evils had robbed the people of practically all spiritual values and concepts. What few people held a semblance of faith toward God put that faith in the presence of the temple and the external rituals of the law, rather than true trust in Jehovah.
Jeremiah lived under the reign of Judah's last good king, Josiah, who attempted a reform among the people, but it was primarily external; he did not get to the hearts of the nation. Josiah's rule was followed by that of four faithless and wicked men. The end was fast approaching. Babylon was on the march. Such times bring out the true greatness or baseness of one's character. When Jehovah called Jeremiah to serve Him as a prophet, he shrank from the job; he would be excused. But the Lord was insistent; He needed a man who would stand for Jehovah and His word in the midst of all opposition, one who would stand, even though seemingly he would stand alone.
Between forty and fifty years this man of God stood practically alone; yet he was not alone, for in his trying hours Jehovah was with him. In his faithfulness to a discouraging and disappointing charge, Jeremiah takes his place among the greats of God's faithful servants. Let the student of this book look beyond Jeremiah's work and times and see the man himself and his God, for he will become an inspiration and a source of encouragement in the trying period of one's own life. God needs such men today: men who will stand in the midst of all obstacles. Become such a one.
Thank you, brother Harkrider, for bringing forth this work-book in a time when Jeremiah's message is so sorely needed. May God reward your labors. - Homer Hailey
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Lesson 1 - Jeremiah, An Example For Men Of God
- Lesson 2 - Jeremiah 1:8
PART I: PROPHECIES DURING THE TIME OF JOSIAH, JEREMIAH 2-20
- Lesson 3 - Jeremiah 2:1-3:5 12
- Lesson 4 - Jeremiah 3:6-6:30 17
- Lesson 5 - Jeremiah 5,6 22
- Lesson 6 - Jeremiah 7,8 28
- Lesson 7 - Jeremiah 9,10 33
- Lesson 8 - Jeremiah 11,12,13 38
- Lesson 9 - Jeremiah 14,15 44
- Lesson 10 - Jeremiah 16,17 48
- Lesson 11 - Jeremiah 18,19,20 53
PART II: SPECIFIC EVENTS DURING THE TIME OF JEHOIAKIM AND ZEDEKIAH, JEREMIAH 21-39
- Lesson 12 - Jeremiah 21,22 - Woe To Zedekiah 59
- Lesson 13 - Jeremiah 23,24 - Woe To Zedekiah 64
- Lesson 14 - Jeremiah 25,26 - In the 4th Year of Jehoiakim 70
- Lesson 15 - Jeremiah 27,28,29. In the 4th Year of Zedekiah 76
- Lesson 16 - Jeremiah 30,31 - The Book of Consolation 82
- Lesson 17 - Jeremiah 32,33 - The Book of Consolation 90
- Lesson 18 - Jeremiah 34,35,36 - In the Reign of Zedekiah & Jehoiakim 95
- Lesson 19 - Jeremiah 37,38,39 - The Last Days of Zedekiah's Reign 101
PART III. AFTER THE FALL OF JERUSALEM, JEREMIAH 40-44
- Lesson 20 - Jeremiah 40,41,42,43,44 107
PART IV: THE LORD'S WORD AGAINST FOREIGN NATIONS, JEREMIAH 45-51
- Lesson 21 - Jeremiah 45,46,47,48,49 114
- Lesson 22 - Jeremiah 50, 51 121
- Lesson 23 - Jeremiah 52 127
THE BOOK OF LAMENTATIONS:
- Lesson 24 - Lamentations 1, 2 131
- Lesson 25 - Lamentations 3,4,5 137