Hope For Those who Struggle: Coping with the Losses of Life
Table of Contents:
- Why Another Book on Grief?
- When Grief Gives Way to Mourning
- When Your Loved One is Living on Borrowed Time (Terminal Illness)
- The "No Name Grievers" - The Loss of a Parent
- Grief and the Loss of a Spouse
- The Loss of One's Link to the Past - The Loss of a Sibling
- The Death of One's Future - The Loss of a Child
- The Loss of a Child - It's Impact on the "Travelers" in the "Journey" The Journey of Grief - and Fathers
- The Loss of a Child - The "Way Back" - Working Through the Grief "Journey"
- The "Forgotten Parents" - The Loss of a Child by Miscarriage
- From Endless Joy to Mindless Tragedy - The Death of a Baby through Sudden Infant Death, Newborn Death, or Stillborn Death.
- Grief and the Survivors of Suicide
Author: Don Williams
A third generation preacher, Don Williams is a graduate of Freed-Hardeman University (B.A. 1979) and Harding Graduate School of Religion (M. A. R., 1984). Don served as a minister for 30 years. Since May of 2008 he has worked as the Executive Director of North Alabama Christian Children's Home in Florence, AL. He serves as a deacon for the Florence Blvd. congregation in Florence, AL.
For 26 years, he has taught grief support classes in places where he has lived. In addition, he has spoken on various facets of grief to preachers, health care professionals, chaplains, and nurses. He has taught classes on Alzheimers and Dementia Care. He is a Palliative Care Chaplain with ECM Hospital in Florence. He serves on the Consulting Board of the Alpha Counseling Center at Heritage Christian University. He is the Chaplain for the Sheriff's Department of Lauderdale County.
In 1996, He and his brother Rom wrote the book, Walking with Those Who Weep, which is in its 8th printing.
Don has been married to his wife Leisa for 40 years and they have two sons: Matt and Ben. Matt is married to the former Amanda Savage, and they have three children: Braden, Kenzlle, and Lyla Kate. Ben is married to the former Hailey Tate and lives in Huntsville with their two children Reese and Emma.
Don enjoys tennis, basketball, and yard work. He is a big Alabama football fan.