1 Corinthians: Addressing the Church's Problems
Written by Robert Harkrider.
Addressing the Church's Problems
Written by Robert Harkrider. Twenty-six lessons covering the first letter of Paul to the Corinthians. Each lesson contains textual material for study, short answer questions, true-false questions, and a thought question. 6x9.
- Lesson 1 __ 1:1-9: Salutation
- PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ELEVATING HUMAN WISDOM OVER GOD'S WISDOM
- Lesson 2 __ 1:10-31: Philosophy of Men Belittles God's Wisdom and Results In Division
- Lesson 3 __ 2:1-16: God's Wisdom Contrasted With the Philosophy of Men
- Lesson 4 __ 3:1-23: Let No Man Glory In Men
- Lesson 5 __ 4:1-2 1: The Proper Estimation and Work of a Gospel Preacher
- PROBLEMS OF MORALITY
- Lesson 6 __ 5:1-13: The Need For Discipline In The Church
- Lesson 7 __ 6:1-20: The Sin of Lawsuits Against Brethren; The Conduct of True Believers
- QUESTIONS CONCERNING MARRIAGE
- Lesson 8 __ 7:1-11: Is It Lawful and Proper To Enter Into The Marriage Relationship?
- Lesson 9 __ 7:12-24: What Must A Believer Do Whose Unbelieving Mate Wishes To Depart?
- Lesson 10 __ 7:25-40: Is It Advisable For The Unmarried To Enter The Relationship of Marriage?
- THE PROPER APPLICATION OF THINGS LAWFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Lesson 11 __ 8:1-13: Can A Christian Eat Meat That Has Been Sacrificed To An Idol?
- Lesson 12 __ 9:1-27: Paul Is An Example Of How Some Liberties Should Be Sacrificed
- Lesson 13 __ 10:1-13: Israel Is Our Example Of The Danger Of Self-Indulgence
- Lesson 14 __ 10:14-33: Whether You Eat Or Drink, Do All To The Glory of God
- THE NEED TO MANIFEST SUBJECTION TO ONE'S HEAD
- Lesson 15 __ 11:1-16: Women Must Wear A Veil When Praying or Prophesying
- ABUSES PERTAINING TO THE LORD'S SUPPER
- Lesson 16 __ 11:17-34: The Lord's Supper Must Be Observed In A Proper Attitude and Manner
- THE SOURCE AND PURPOSE OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS
- Lesson 17 __ 12:1-13: All Spiritual Gifts Come From One Spirit, Thus Unity Should Prevail
- Lesson 18 __ 12:14-31: The Many Members of the Body of Christ Work Together As One
- Lesson 19 __ 13:1-13: Love Is The Most Excellent Way
- Lesson 20 __ 14:1-12: Prophesying Should Be Desired More Than Speaking In Tongues
- Lesson 21 __ 14:13-25: It Is Better To Speak Five Words With Understanding Than 10,000 Without
- Lesson 22 __ 14:26-40: Let All Things Be Done Decently and In Order
- ANSWERS TO THOSE WHO DENIED A GENERAL RESURRECTION
- Lesson 23 __ 15:1-19: The Importance Of Believing In The Resurrection of Christ
- Lesson 24 __ 15:20-34: The Consummation of God's Plan Will Be Fulfilled At The Resurrection
- Lesson 25 __ 15:35-58: What Will Happen At The Resurrection
- Lesson 26 __ 16:1-24: Concluding Requests, Admonitions, and Salutations Are Extended